Monday, December 3, 2012

About somewhere for a nice side-trip from Memphis

Somewhere for a nice side-trip from Memphis?
I'm an Australian student, and am going to be in Memphis for two weeks in early March. I was hoping to do a bit of sightseeing on the side. I'll definitely be spending some time in Memphis its surrounds (like Graceland), but I probably have enough time to do some sightseeing in one other US city. I've travelled a lot of California and have been to Vegas and Washington DC (and have loved everywhere I've been so far), but haven't been anywhere else in the US. Should I travel to some "nearby" cities like Nashville or New Orleans, or would you recommend something further afar like New York, Chicago or Texas? Naturally, I'd prefer to travel shorter distances, but would be happy to travel further if my time would be better spent in that way. I don't have a driver's licence, so couldn't do a "road trip" or visit a remote national park: I'd need to be able to get around by bus/train/plane.
Other - United States - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'd go to one of the larger cities like NYC or Miami if you are going in the winter. Neither flight is more than 2 hours. I spent an extended period of time in the few cities closest to Memphis: Louisville, Little Rock, Nashville, St. Louis and Evansville (if that's considered a city at all), and they are nothing to write home about.
Read more other entries :  
About traveling to Memphis, what is the best part...